[slime-devel] Re: CVS version can't find swank?

Helmut Eller heller at common-lisp.net
Fri Jan 20 21:40:02 UTC 2006

* R. Mattes [2006-01-20 15:29+0100] writes:

> Could anyone please enlighten me on the reason for this change?

Read the thread "Make it possible to keep FASL files in source
directory"

> There's an ASDF system called 'swank' - shouldn't loading this
> system enable swank in my image?  Isn't loading thw swank package the
> whole point of the ASDF file?
>
> Miracles ?

The official way to load swank is swank-loader.lisp.  The ASDF file is
primarily a convenience for SBCL users.  I don't use the ASDF file and
didn't update it properly before committing the change.  It should
work again in the newest version.