[slime-devel] Re: Connecting to running image versus starting from emacs

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Thu Jan 12 20:41:56 UTC 2006

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 09:14:07PM +0100, Marco Baringer wrote:
: Jonathon McKitrick <jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org> writes:
:
: > Hi all,
: >
: > I have a question about running a Lisp app.  Right now, I'm starting a repl,
: > emacs/slime.
: >
: > Is there a way to start emacs and load/run the app from there?
:
: M-x slime
:
: this should give you a normal lisp repl you can load asdf systems form
: and do whatever you want. no?

Okay, I watched your movie again and figured it out.  :-)
Although, when I tried loading my project, which uses Araneida, my browser
couldn't access the page.  I had to start the project in another window and
repl, and start swank server there.  Then it worked when I connected.

Question: when does the inspector work?  I know slime doesn't have a stepping
debugger, correct?  So do you have to be in the debugger for the inspector to
work?  Or can I inspect anything at any time?

-Jonathon
--
"I am sure that Jesus would use a command prompt.  Hello?  Ten Commandments??"