[slime-devel] Slime, SBCL and add-fd-handler

Thomas F. Burdick tfb at ocf.berkeley.edu
Fri Jan 6 12:41:03 UTC 2006

On 1/5/06, Dmitri Hrapof <yavannadil at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello!
> I'm using add-fd-handler in my server,
> and everything works in raw terminal.
> However, when I start server from Slime,
> I have to call (SB-IMPL::SERVE-EVENT) manually to
> get my callbacks called and client's request
> answered.

What platform?  What is the value of swank:*communication-style*?  I
routinely use serve-event in combination with slime and sbcl, so I can
confirm that everything should work correctly, at least if you use
:fd-handler communication.  Maybe you're on a threaded platform, and
slime's threaded communication is somehow blocking serve-event?  If
that's the case, the easiest solution might be to spawn a thread that
just calls into serve-event.