[slime-devel] Not possible to inspect method slots in Lispworks

Ian Eslick eslick at csail.mit.edu
Tue Feb 7 04:19:13 UTC 2006

It sounds like this is probably related to the recent change to
(defun inspect-for-emacs ((o standard-object) inspector)

I think perhaps it's advisable to back that recent change out until we
either take Pascal's recommendation to use Closer to MOP to implement
the slot-boundp-using-class or slowly special-case for different
versions until we have a clear working consensus for all the different
backends.

revert to
>                 collect (if (slot-boundp o slot-name)
>                            `(:value ,(slot-value o slot-name))
>                             "#<unbound>")

from:
<                 collect (if (swank-mop:slot-boundp-using-class
(class-of o) o slot)
<                            `(:value ,(swank-mop:slot-value-using-class
(class-of o) o
<
(find-effective-slot o slot-name)))
<                             "#<unbound>")

Sorry if that caused problems.  I'll play around on my end with the
original problem (inspecting MOP overloaded slot accessors) and suggest
a special case solution for Allegro if it is warranted.  Can someone
check in this change or revert the prior change?

Regards,
Ian