[slime-devel] Re: slime.el `slime-expand-abbreviations-and-complete'

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Fri Dec 15 20:33:27 UTC 2006

On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 23:01:16 +0530, Madhu <enometh at meer.net> wrote:

> Can you please test the following scenario with your origial setup,
> and let me know if you get a different result?
>
> From <m3fybn7v8c.fsf at robolove.meer.net>
>>
>> (setq  slime-complete-symbol-function 'slime-complete-symbol*
>>        slime-complete-symbol*-fancy nil
>>        pop-up-windows nil
>>        pop-up-frames nil)

I had tried that yesterday already.  It didn't work for me at all - I
got "buffer is read-only" error messages.

However, I regularly use slime-complete-symbol* as my completion
function (but with other pop-up settings) and my text never got
garbled.  And I liked the behaviour where point was directly after the
shortest unambiguous prefix.

Cheers,
Edi.