[slime-devel] Re: slime doesn't handle spaces in inferior-lisp-program ?

Helmut Eller heller at common-lisp.net
Thu Dec 14 21:05:37 UTC 2006

* André [2006-12-13 11:10+0100] writes:

> I've been looking through the slime source (both 2.0 and the latest
> snapshot) and the split-string calls in slime-read-interactive-arg
> sure looks suspicious.
>
> Is this a known issue?

Yes, it's a known issue.  Instead of setting inferior-lisp-program you
can set slime-lisp-implementations.  Which allows you the specify the
program and its args as list of strings (to avoid the need for string
splitting).  E.g. something like this should work for you:

(setq slime-lisp-implementations
      '((sbcl ("C:/Program Files/Steel Bank Common Lisp/1.0/sbcl.exe"
               ; ... args can be inserted here
               ))))