[slime-devel] Re: Lisp and real-world...

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Wed Dec 6 16:21:56 UTC 2006

Sean Charles <sean.charles at objitsu.com> writes:

> This is possibly the wrong list but having been on it long enough to
> know the calibre of participants I would just like to ask: if I had
> been developing something and wanted to release it, what would be the
> best solution. LispWorks ?

Wrong list and an ill-defined question. Whatever you want to release
has its own set of requirements, and your release goals place other
requirements.

> My personal best-fit idea is to package up a running Linux image with
> either SBCL or CLISP and distribute it as a VMWare Player image or
> something...

If you want to know how to deploy an application using SBCL, I'll
be happy to help on the SBCL lists -- but as a quick hint, use
SAVE-LISP-AND-DIE with the :EXECUTABLE argument; works on Windows
too.

Cheers,

  -- Nikodemus              Schemer: "Buddha is small, clean, and serious."
                   Lispnik: "Buddha is big, has hairy armpits, and laughs."