[slime-devel] Lisp and real-world...

Gary King gwking at metabang.com
Wed Dec 6 16:19:14 UTC 2006

Hi Edi (and everyone else),

On Dec 6, 2006, at 11:03 AM, Edi Weitz wrote:

> On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 14:03:44 +0000, Sean Charles
> <sean.charles at objitsu.com> wrote:
>
>> This is possibly the wrong list but having been on it long enough to
>> know the calibre of participants I would just like to ask: if I had
>> been developing something and wanted to release it, what would be
>> the best solution. LispWorks ?
>
> Yes.  IMHO, YMMV, etc.

It seems to me that it would be really (really, really) interesting
to hear about the pros and cons of LW, ACL, SBCL, etc. vis-a-vis the
"real world". I was in academia too long to really understand the
real world but I think I've seen something like it on TV.

In any case, why would you recommend LW over ACL?

thanks,
--
Gary Warren King, metabang.com
Cell: (413) 885 9127