[slime-devel] Re: match-string-no-properties missing?

Alberto Riva ariva at ufl.edu
Tue Dec 5 18:59:42 UTC 2006

Nathan Bird wrote:
> Marco Baringer wrote:
>> Alberto Riva <ariva at ufl.edu> writes:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I recently updated to the latest slime from CVS, and now every time I
>>> do a M-. I get an emacs message that says "Symbol's function
>>> definition is void: match-string-no-properties."
>>>
>>> My emacs is XEmacs 21.4 (patch 15) (x86_64-redhat-linux, Mule). All
>>> help appreciated! Thanks,
>>>

>> using "GNU Emacs 22.0.50.1 (powerpc-apple-darwin7.9.0) of 2006-08-13"
>> i have the match-string-no-properties function. is this then an emacs
>> only function?
>>

> XEmacs doesn't have that function

Yes, that seems to be the case. What I can't understand is why I never
noticed this problem in XEmacs (I never use emacs) until I did a cvs
update last week, and how can it still work on my laptop, where I have
the same version of XEmacs and an older version of slime.el (that has
the same call to match-string-no-properties). Anyway, thanks for the
suggestion below.