[slime-devel] Re: per-slime-dialect slime-connected-hook implementation

Samium Gromoff _deepfire at feelingofgreen.ru
Fri Dec 1 02:56:33 UTC 2006

At Thu, 30 Nov 2006 18:08:40 +0200,
Nikodemus Siivola wrote:

> _deepfire at feelingofgreen.ru writes:
>
> > The following snippet adds support for per-slime-dialect hooks
> > to be called after the connection is established.
>
> I haven't looked at the code, but would not
>
>  define-slime-lisp
>
> be a more appropriate name, since different implementations are
> not dialects after all...

As far as i have an opinion on this question (which is not very),
i mostly agree -- but i merely updated the existing code, so for
the current naming i am not the person to blame :-)

Actually, on a second thought, i`d probably vote for

 define-slime-profile

because if this feature is to be used as intended,
what could be achieved might effectively be same implementation,
yet different use mode.

regards, Samium Gromoff