[slime-devel] Re: Help, can't get slime working.

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Wed Aug 23 05:40:24 UTC 2006

Dustin Robert Kick <mac_vieuxnez at mac.com> writes:

> I can show specific error messages I've gotten, if they might help.

They might help, yes. Also, which version of SBCL is the in fink?

>       lisp-indent-functioin 'common-lisp-indent-function
                        ^^

Typo, not that it should affect loading of slime.

> (add-hook 'lisp-mode-hook
>   (lambda ()
>     (require 'slime)
>     (slime-mode t)
>     (slime-setup)))

I would recommend calling (require 'slime) outside the hook, as a top
level form in .emacs, but dunno if that is the cause of your woes.

If that does not help, I would get Slime from CVS and SBCL from
www.sbcl.org just to eliminate packager braindamage.

Cheers,

  -- Nikodemus              Schemer: "Buddha is small, clean, and serious."
                   Lispnik: "Buddha is big, has hairy armpits, and laughs."