[slime-devel] Re: Documentation for classes and slots

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Tue Aug 22 13:18:27 UTC 2006

Jonathon McKitrick <jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org> writes:

> Is there a way to view the documentation strings for a class?  I'd like to be
> able to hit C-c C-d d on a class name and see the doc strings for the class
> and the slots.  Is this a feature I've just missed?

The output from C-c C-d d is provided by the implementation's DESCRIBE,
not Slime.

...so talk to your vendor. (Of course, Slime could implement
DESCRIBE-FOR-EMACS like it does INSPECT-FOR-EMACS, but that is a
different topic.)

http://random-state.net/tmp/describe-symbol.lisp

is a tentative patch to DESCRIBE for SBCL, making C-c C-d d nicer in
Slime.

Cheers,

  -- Nikodemus              Schemer: "Buddha is small, clean, and serious."
                   Lispnik: "Buddha is big, has hairy armpits, and laughs."