[slime-devel] swank-sbcl.lisp

Donald Lindsay don.lindsay at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 22:48:20 UTC 2006

Hi,

-------

This is SBCL 0.9.5, an implementation of ANSI Common Lisp.
More information about SBCL is available at <http://www.sbcl.org/>.

(...)

; compiling file "/home/forwardarc/slime/swank-sbcl.lisp" (written 14
AUG 2006 10:49:18 PM):
compilation aborted because of fatal error:
   READ failure in COMPILE-FILE:
     READER-ERROR at 16174 (line 444, column 70) on #<SB-SYS:FD-
STREAM for "file /home/forwardarc/slime/swank-sbcl.lisp" {96F3869}>:
Symbol "FIND-DEFINITION-SOURCES-BY-NAME" not found in the SB-
INTROSPECT package.

-----

When compiling a pull from cvs today, I run into this error on
compilation.
I have tried deleting old fasl files in my .slime directory.

The specific symptom I see is a failure of slime to activate the
debugger correctly.
Aquamacs 0.9.9d tells me:

----------

debugger invoked on a SIMPLE-ERROR in thread #<THREAD "initial
thread" {90032D1}>: SWANK-BACKEND:CALL-WITH-DEBUGGING-ENVIRONMENT not
implementated

Type HELP for debugger help, or (SB-EXT:QUIT) to exit from SBCL.

restarts (invokable by number or by possibly-abbreviated name):
   0: [ABORT-REQUEST] Abort handling SLIME request.
   1: [ABORT        ] Exit debugger, returning to top level.

(SB-INT:EVAL-IN-LEXENV *DEFAULT-PATHNAMES-DEFAULTS* #<NULL-LEXENV>)
0]
-----

Thanks,
Don