[slime-devel] araneida doesn't work when run from inside SLIME?

Marc msabramo at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 20 00:21:48 UTC 2006

I was trying to run portable-clblog, which uses araneida from SLIME, and
the handler functions were never getting called and thus the HTTP client
was waiting indefinitely for a response.

See http://paste.lisp.org/display/19166#3 for the code.

Turns out that it _does_ work if I run a standalone SBCL outside of
Emacs and use (swank:create-server) and then use M-x slime-connect in
Emacs. It only works if I start up the araneida listener outside of
Emacs. If I do it from within slime, no go.

Interesting. Any ideas why?

-Marc
http://marc.abramowitz.info
Emacs poker: http://marc.abramowitz.info/archives/2006/04/17/emacs-poker/