[slime-devel] GC freeze up with CMUCL

David Trudgett wpower at zeta.org.au
Tue Apr 11 08:14:28 UTC 2006

Hi Harald!

On Tuesday 2006-04-11 at 09:04:58 +0200, Harald Hanche-Olsen wrote:

> | I used to have trouble-free slime, too, but ever since December or so,
> | on both Debian and Red Hat systems, I've been getting periodic "freeze
> | ups" where I have to SIGTERM the lisp process and re-run M-x slime.
> | [...]
> | Does anyone know the solution to this?
>
> Upgrading to cmucl 19c cured it for me.

OK, thanks for that! I'll look into it. I assumed I was using the
latest version as it wasn't long ago that I downloaded it.

Happy Lisping!

David

--
David Trudgett
http://www.zeta.org.au/~wpower/

The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly
limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate
within that spectrum - even encourage the more critical and dissident
views. That gives people the sense that there's free thinking going
on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being
reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate.

    -- Noam Chomsky