[slime-devel] assoc-default?

Friedrich Dominicus frido at q-software-solutions.de
Mon Apr 10 07:55:47 UTC 2006

Friedrich Dominicus <frido at q-software-solutions.de> writes:

> Ok, with the new slime froim CVS in an Xemacs I can not load a file
> nor cd ot another directory because assoc-default is not defined.
>
> The only place in slime.el with assoc-default is:
> (defun slime-find-filename-translators (hostname)
>   (or (assoc-default hostname slime-filename-translations #'string-match)
>       (error "No filename-translations for hostname: %s" hostname)))

Now I wrote a assoc-default (probably dead wrong, but at least it
makes it possible to use slime again)

(defun assoc-default (name translations match-fun)
  (let ((to-match name))
    (when (string= name hostname)
      (setf to-match ""))
    (loop for translation in translations
      when (funcall match-fun to-match (car translation))
      return (cdr translation))))

I guess you just can call it a hack not a patch. So if anyone knows
better, please let me  know

Regards
Friedrich