[slime-devel] source location snippet searching

Taylor R. Campbell campbell at mumble.net
Sat Apr 1 19:07:44 UTC 2006

Hmm, OK, thanks.  I'm in a bit of a fix, though, since I want
essentially :SNIPPET but narrowed to the defun -- Scheme48 provides
the source code for every expression that will have a continuation,
but in a form that doesn't necessarily correspond with the source text
literally (since it's in S-expression form, not text form), so I want
to use slime-isearch.  This is more information, too, than :CALL-SITE
can deal with.  Would it make sense to have, or would anyone object to
having, another hint, say :CALL-SNIPPET, which would work like
:SNIPPET but narrow to the defun first?  The implementation is trivial
-- it would simply be the patch I sent, but without the removal of
:SNIPPET.

(Of course, the right thing would be for Scheme48 to provide better
proper source location in the form of paths down the S-expression
tree.  But that requires changes to Scheme48 itself, and my efforts to
get changes on the Scheme48 end haven't been very fruitful,
unfortunately...)