[slime-devel] Persistent REPL history

Thomas F. Burdick tfb at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Sep 28 19:10:38 UTC 2005

Helmut Eller writes:
 > * Stefan Kamphausen [2005-09-27 14:01+0200] writes:
 >
 > > If you are interested in using this code in -say- slime.el I'll pass
 > > copyright to you (as I state in the header of the attached file). If you
 > > prefer to receive a patch to slime.el I can do that, too.  Just tell me.
 >
 > Nice idea!  Yes, I think we should add this or something like this.  I
 > wonder if we need explicit commands to load/save the history or if we
 > should simply load it at startup and append the current line to the
 > file every time when return gets pressed.

Ahhh, you want to kill my poor iBook's battery!

 > I guess, I wouldn't bother to save the history if I need to invoke
 > an explicit command.

Are you sure?  What if the REPL were considered just like any other
file-backed buffer, and C-x C-s saved it, C-x s prompted you about it,
and exiting Emacs would ask you if you wanted to save it?

--
         ,'  .\  / | Free Mumia Abu-Jamal! |