[slime-devel] Re: Slime license annoyances

Peter Van Eynde pvaneynd at debian.org
Fri Sep 23 11:10:14 UTC 2005

Il 2005-09-19, Paolo Amoroso <amoroso at mclink.it> ha scritto:
> Peter Van Eynde <pvaneynd at debian.org> writes:
>
>> The file xref.lisp is not PD or GPL (unlike my greps showed) but has a
>> rather obnoxious license that says:
>
> You may try asking Mark Kantrowitz whether he is willing to distribute
> xref.lisp under a revised license.  He did this for MK:DEFSYSTEM,

I contacted him and he is willing to allow xref to be distributed with
slime, but is not willing to change the licence as he did for
MK:DEFSYSTEM.

This is not 'free enough' for Debian so either we have to put slime into
non-free or replace xref.lisp. Or a more able person could talk to him
;-).

Groetjes, Peter

--
signature -at- pvaneynd.mailworks.org