[slime-devel] Re: SLIME48: a Swank back end in Scheme48

Taylor Campbell campbell at mumble.net
Thu Sep 22 22:16:30 UTC 2005

I may have spoken too soon when I said that I was still interested in
hosting SLIME48 in the official SLIME repository, since it seems that
there may be interest all around in forking SLIME for SLIME48.  I'd
therefore like to poll this list's subscribers to see who would prefer
this  option, which I'm now ambivalent about.  In order not to clutter
the list, though, please send responses privately via mail, or contact
me on IRC (in #lisp or #scheme as Riastradh on irc.freenode.net).

To clarify briefly: by a fork of SLIME for SLIME48, I don't mean to
make a fork that is completely oriented toward Scheme48 (or Scheme48 &
MIT Scheme, or whatever), but rather to make a more clearly specified
network protocol for communicating between a user interface and a Lisp
system, less particular to Common Lisp or Emacs than the current Swank
protocol is, and to hack the existing SLIME & Swank code to implement
this protocol (which would not be very different from Swank).