[slime-devel] Re: Patch for stepper support in SBCL and (sort of) CLISP

Svein Ove Aas sveina at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 06:26:05 UTC 2005

On 8/31/05, Svein Ove Aas <sveina at gmail.com> wrote:
> One patch, one new file.
>
> The stepper works in SBCL, and should be fairly self-explanatory. C-s
> to toggle stepping, c to step inwards and x to quit stepping but keep
> running. You need to compile with high debug quality.
>
> One gotcha: Slime will only display the source correctly if you
> compile the entire file with C-c C-k.
>
> *snip*

Due to a few requests lately, I thought I should mention something:
This code is obsolete.

It only ever really worked on SBCL, and even there not perfectly. I'm
rewriting it as something that should work everywhere, but meanwhile
any non-fatal bugs are going to go unfixed - sorry about that.

Oh, and the "s" key (activate-stepping) won't work. Use the restarts.