[slime-devel] .slime/fasl/ directory names

Alan Caulkins fatman at maxint.net
Mon Sep 12 14:01:46 UTC 2005

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005, Lynn Quam wrote:

>    find . -name '*.x86f' | xargs grep '(defun '
>    grep: ./cmu-snapshot: No such file or directory
>    grep: 2005-09: No such file or directory
>
> Admittedly, this is not a good example, but consider:
>
>      find . -name '*.x86f' | xargs rm

Not to delve into the intricacies of Unix shells, but find and xargs both
provide facilities specifically to accommodate each other in this case:

	find -print0
	xargs --null

So, your example would become

	find . -print0 -name '*.x86f' | xargs --null rm

Of course, such issues are one of the things that inspire my interest in
CL. :)

-A

			Linux: The ultimate video game.