[slime-devel] Installing slime for clisp 2.35 - Error

Surendra Singhi efuzzyone at netscape.net
Thu Sep 8 20:54:36 UTC 2005

Hello,

I recently upgraded to clisp 2.35 and now when I try to start slime on a lisp
file, slime gets stuck.

The *inferior-lisp* buffer shows me the following restart.

** - Continuable Error
INTERN("*DOCUMENTATION*"): #<PACKAGE SYSTEM> is locked
If you continue (by typing 'continue'): Ignore the lock and proceed
The following restarts are also available:
SKIP           :R1      skip (COMPILE-FILES-IF-NEEDED-SERIALLY #)
STOP           :R2      stop loading file C:\Program Files\XEmacs\xemacs-packages\lisp\slime-1.2.1\swank-loader.lisp
ABORT          :R3      ABORT

Doing 'continue', doesn't starts the slime repl, nor does selecting any of the
restarts help.

But, the inferior lisp buffer shows a lisp prompt, which can be used.

What should I do to get over this problem?

The slime related contents of my init file are:

(load-library "inf-lisp")
(setq inferior-lisp-program "C:\\clisp-2.35\\clisp.exe -I -m 256mb")
(add-hook 'inferior-lisp-mode-hook
	  (lambda () (inferior-slime-mode t)))

(require 'timer)
(require 'slime)
(slime-setup)

Thanks.
--
Surendra Singhi
http://www.public.asu.edu/~sksinghi/index.html

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."
    - Orwell, Animal Farm, 1945