[slime-devel] "Unbalanced parentheses"

Jeff Cunningham jeffrey at cunningham.net
Mon Sep 5 00:20:33 UTC 2005

--Jeff

I don't know if this is related, but I've been running into a matching
problem on large projects exclusively, but it isn't parenthesis, its
double-quotes. Specifically, if I type a long text string after a
function declaration like this:

(defun somefunction ()
  "some text some text some text some text some text some text some text some text some text some text some text some text some text some text some text some text some text some text some text"
  (format t "some long format string with vars"
	var1 var2 var3))

What will happen is that everything after the description text is
colored the same as if it were all commented out, and indenting works
the same. It doesn't compile right either. When it happens, the only
fix I've been able to find is to shorton the descriptive text to a
single line, then everything straightens out and flies right.

It has never happened in a short file and only occasionally in a long one.

I'm running CMUCL 19a and if I could remember how to get the slime
version, I'd give you that too. :\

--Jeff cunningham