[slime-devel] presentations

Alan Ruttenberg alanr-l at mumble.net
Sun Sep 4 12:40:28 UTC 2005

On Sep 4, 2005, at 6:17 AM, Matthias Koeppe wrote:

> The bridge code has never worked cleanly for me (sometimes I see
> partial escape sequences in the output).

This is what I'm looking at trying to fix. I see the same thing. I used
to see spurious "NIL" printed in the middle of long output to the repl
- I'm wondering if whatever was causing that is related.

> Also, I think that the
> method of signalling presentations by printing escape sequences is
> inherently broken because it messes up the character position, which
> disturbs the pretty printer layout.

Just wanted to point out that pretty printing isn't the only use case.
It isn't the primary use in my work. Also, again, I haven't looked
closely, but can the annotation approach you used solve this problem?

-Alan