[slime-devel] Re: Current way to use multiple lisp implementations?

Brian Mastenbrook brian at mastenbrook.net
Sun Oct 30 22:58:29 UTC 2005

On Oct 30, 2005, at 4:13 PM, Helmut Eller wrote:

> * Peter Seibel [2005-10-30 22:56+0100] writes:
>

>> I'd hope that doing C-u - M-x slime acl8 would create a buffer named:
>> *slime-repl acl8*. Instead it creates *slime-repl allegro*. And then
>> if I create another connection using acl7 I get *slime-repl
>> allegro<2>* which is not so helpful. I just spent a few minutes
>> poking
>> around trying to put back this feature but got lost--maybe someone
>> who's been dealing with this code more recently can put it back.
>>

> I will not put it back because I think the code was too ugly for such
> a minor feature.

Allow me to put another word of support in for this feature. It would
be very helpful in situations where you're working with multiple
images which each have different meanings - for instance, a basic
SBCL core, and a SBCL core with McCLIM loaded. I do this sort of
thing all the time, both at home and at work.

--
Brian Mastenbrook
brian at mastenbrook.net
http://brian.mastenbrook.net/