[slime-devel] Re: Current way to use multiple lisp implementations?

Peter Seibel peter at gigamonkeys.com
Sun Oct 30 22:20:35 UTC 2005

Helmut Eller <heller at common-lisp.net> writes:

> * Peter Seibel [2005-10-30 22:56+0100] writes:
>
>> I'd hope that doing C-u - M-x slime acl8 would create a buffer named:
>> *slime-repl acl8*. Instead it creates *slime-repl allegro*. And then
>> if I create another connection using acl7 I get *slime-repl
>> allegro<2>* which is not so helpful. I just spent a few minutes poking
>> around trying to put back this feature but got lost--maybe someone
>> who's been dealing with this code more recently can put it back.
>
> I will not put it back because I think the code was too ugly for such
> a minor feature.

Hmmm, it doesn't seem like such a minor feature to me--if I'm actually
using multiple Lisp's simultaneously and I can't tell which is which,
that makes the whole multiple connections feature far less useful. But
if it's not your itch to scratch that's fine. I guess I'll have to
find a way to hack it in myself without disturbing the essential
purity of the SLIME code.

-Peter

Peter Seibel           * peter at gigamonkeys.com