[slime-devel] Re: Slime lockup after returning from SLDB

Luke Gorrie luke at synap.se
Sat Oct 29 21:56:57 UTC 2005

Jonathan Lee <2jlee at earthlink.net> writes:

> I am running the CVS of SLIME as of 27-Oct-2005 in GNU Emacs 21.3.1 on
> Windows XP using CLISP 2.35 as the backend.
>
> After aborting an error that throws me into the SLDB I get no prompt in the
> SLIME REPL.  If I try to evaluate a form or variable (or even a blank
> line), I get
> the following in the mini-buffer:
>
> ;pipelined request... (swank:listener-eval "form I evaluated")

The "pipelined request" message is printed when SLIME issues a new
request before the previous one is answered. Sounds like the Abort to
SLDB has not really aborted.

Does this happen for all errors, e.g. (error "foo")? Just to check if
it's an error in a restart handler..

I wonder if there is some SIGINT-like way to force CLISP to enter the
debugger on Windows? It would be good to know where it is stuck.