[slime-devel] Re: Slime license annoyances

Luke Gorrie luke at synap.se
Wed Oct 26 03:45:48 UTC 2005

So who is really using XREF with CLISP for WHO-CALLS etc? Anyone?

IMO the really nice feature of XREF is PRINT-CALLER-TREES which shows
you the subroutine tree structure of a program. I will be surprised if
WHO-CALLS via SLIME is popular since XREF is mostly batch-mode and
won't typically have an update to date database to make impromptu
queries to. (There is no hook into the compiler for updates).

XREF lovers please speak up if I am mistaken :-)

P.S. Getting SLIME into Debian proper is absolutely a Very Good Thing
     and I am very grateful to Peter for his patience!