[slime-devel] Re: Slime license annoyances

GP lisper spambait at CloudDancer.com
Wed Oct 26 00:46:19 UTC 2005

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 22:16:04 +0300 (EEST), <tsiivola at cc.hut.fi> wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Oct 2005, GP lisper wrote:
>
>> The safe way would be a "Chinese Wall".  Have someone that has looked
>> at the code describe it (at high level, certainly not line-by-line) to
>> someone that has never seen the code.
>
> As far as I can tell this is quite unecessary. As long as you can make a
> case that the reimplementation is an independent effort, not derivative.

The purpose of the technique is to eliminate any question of source
code infringement, i.e. avoid the 'make the case'.  This whole
question is raised due to the picky nature of Debian licensing
desires, and the desire not to cut down slime to meet debian
requirements.

--
If you don't like LOOP, how do you feel about DOLIST ?