[slime-devel] presentations/repl history problem

Alan Ruttenberg alanr-l at mumble.net
Mon Oct 3 17:58:54 UTC 2005

Somewhere in the last ~2 months, a change I made was (searching for
the diplomatic word here...) "regressed". The symptom is that when I
bring back something from the repl history (via meta-p) that contains
a presentation, the presentation is no longer in the right style, and
return sends the presentation string rather than for to evaluate to
the object, causing an error. I spent a reasonable amount of time
this morning looking for the bug but things have changed enough that
I can't understand what's going on well enough to find it.

Could someone who is familiar with the relevant changes to the
presentation system please review this problem and suggest a fix?

The presentation stuff, at least on the emacs side, could use some
documentation at this point. What are the features? How are they
implemented?

Thanks,
Alan

2005-08-10  Alan Ruttenberg  <alanr-l at mumble.net>

     * slime.el move slime-repl-add-to-input-history to slime-repl-
send-input so we can see the presentations we copied to input when we
reuse history rather than #.(blah...)