[slime-devel] Additional source location information for SBCL

Helmut Eller heller at common-lisp.net
Tue May 31 19:16:07 UTC 2005

Nikodemus Siivola <nikodemus at random-state.net> writes:

>   2. Does this fit the needs of Slime?

Yes.

>      If this existed on other platforms
>      as well, would you be tempted to use this instead of whatever you
>      currently use?

I don't quite understand the question.  Currently, no other
implementation uses with-compilation-unit for this feature and I don't
expect this to change any time soon.  Some implementations have
something that's essentially a declaration and in CMUCL we can supply
our source info to compile-from-stream.  For SLIME we will use
whatever works best for a particular implementation.