[slime-devel] updating slime during idle time

Chris Baker electro at 1939worldsfair.com
Sat May 28 02:59:38 UTC 2005

Hi Slimers,

I've recently started running slime with clisp on windows.  This works
great for most things, but now I'm starting to do windows gui
programming, and windows wants each program to have it's own event
loop, which interferes with slime, which has its own server update
loop.  Unfortunately, clisp is single threaded, so I can only update
windows events or update slime requests at a given time.  Is there a
function I can call periodically to process slime requests at idle
time?  Or alternately, can I add a hook to swank so I can pump windows
events when slime isn't processing anything?

Many thanks for this great piece of software, and thanks in advance
for any help anyone can provide.

cbb

--
 19:45:04 up 9 days, 21:54,  4 users,  load average: 0.55, 0.27, 0.10