[slime-devel] Way to jump into file to error location?

Jeffrey Cunningham jeffrey at cunningham.net
Fri May 27 01:32:41 UTC 2005

Hi,

When I compile a buffer I often get an error message like this:

-+  Errors (1)
 `-- Read error in form starting at 3192:
      ";; (list `(:p :class "small""
     End-of-File on #<Stream for file "/home/jcunningham/code/lisp/html/test.lisp">
[+] Notes (2)

My question is: is there a way (key-code maybe?) to find that start point in the file? Is there some way to get at least a line number? I've looked through some of the documents and googled a bit but haven't come up with anything yet. That number must be useful for something beyond counting characters from the beginning. ;-)

--jeff cunningham