[slime-devel] Re: Not exactly 'presentation types for emacs' but useful anyway

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Wed May 18 10:19:43 UTC 2005

Antonio Menezes Leitao <aml at gia.ist.utl.pt> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I made a quick hack that allows the Slime listener to use Lisp objects
> that were returned from the Common Lisp environment.  We already can
> do this using *, **, and *** variables but, to me, is not enough.  I
> have an hard time remembering the number of stars that I should write
> and, moreover, I prefer to 'point' to a value that is presented in the
> listener and I use it in the construction of next expression, just
> like in Symbolics Lisp machines.  For those who never saw the
> Symbolics environment, let me give you a description of what I can do
> with this patch to Slime:

ok, i just commited this with the following changes:

1) we don't attempt to add a slime-repl-result-face property if
   there's no result in slime-repl-insert-prompt.

2) renamed *current-id* to the (imho) more emacs-ish
   slime-current-output-id and added a defvar so repl shortucts don't
   break.

3) inserting a previous output now moves point past the inserted text
   (previously the pint was being left in the middle of the text).

4) inserted output is still undeleteable :( i tried messing with the
   intagible and modification-hooks properties but don't have enough
   emacs-foo to figure this out.

5) attempting (via M-p or similar) to access an output which has been
   cleared (via C-c C-t or similar) signals a error with a message
   explaining what's happened.

--
-Marco
Ring the bells that still can ring.