[slime-devel] Re: #;

Luke Gorrie luke at synap.se
Thu May 5 18:35:08 UTC 2005

Harald Hanche-Olsen <hanche at math.ntnu.no> writes:

> This is perhaps really a problem with forward-sexp, not so much a
> slime issue, but I'll bring it up here anyway:
>
> I recently played around with creating a reader macro for the #;
> combination.  But then I found that trying for example
>
> (foo #;bar)
>
> then I would only get [input not complete] in the minibuffer.
> Perhaps forward-sexp should be taught that a semicolon after a
> sharpsign doesn't start a comment?  This can get tricky if someone
> were to write #1#; of course. ...

We have `slime-forward-sexp' which uses a somewhat more common-lisp'ey
read syntax. This was written for looking up compiler notes but has
since been superseded for that purpose. It has some note-lookup quirks
(like skipping over forms that are reader-conditionalized out) but
might make a useful basis for this kind of extension.