[slime-devel] SLIME security patch

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Tue May 3 18:59:16 UTC 2005

On Sun, 1 May 2005 02:26:27 +0100, mdw at nsict.org (Mark Wooding) wrote:

>     This fix isn't ideal: I suspect there will be problems from a
>     mismatch between Emacs's idea of home directory (usually the
>     HOME environment variable) and the Common Lisp system's
>     USER-HOMEDIR-PATHNAME.  It seems right on Unix; I've no idea
>     what it'll do on any other system.  Besides, `.slime-secret'
>     seems a poor filename for Windows, even though it will work.

The problem is that after upgrading SLIME doesn't work at all on
Windows which doesn't make this a very entertaining patch.

I'd suggest to at least remove the #+unix read-time conditional so the
name `.slime-secret' will be used (which I've done to my local copy) -
or find a better way to fix it.  Globally breaking SLIME for all
Windows users is probably not the way to go.

Cheers,
Edi.