[slime-devel] Where does run-program output go?

Jeffrey Cunningham jeffrey at cunningham.net
Mon May 2 16:17:27 UTC 2005

Hi.

I'm running SLIME 2005-04-18 with CMUCL. If I execute

(run-program "ls" '("-la" "/bin") :output "lst")

The output of the linux ls command shows up in the file lst as
expected. But if I try to direct it to the LISP terminal:

(run-program "ls" '("-la" "/bin") :output t)

(as described in the CMUCL documentation) all I get is

#<process 32578 :EXITED>

On the other hand, if I run CMUCL outside of SLIME, it works as
advertised. So, where is the output going? And how can I capture it in
a local variable?

Thanks.

--Jeff