[slime-devel] Re: Problems with LWW FLI

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Mon Mar 21 16:40:20 UTC 2005

I tried to debug this a bit more last night but there's still not much
progress.  I have some more data points, though:

1. If I start the LispWorks IDE separately, start SWANK from there and
   then connect to it via slime-connect everything works fine.

2. Instead of using the FLI you can just, from a fresh SLIME session,
   call (capi:display-message "foo") to hang SLIME.  Can be "fixed" by
   entering a form into the inferior-lisp buffer as well.

3. Contrary to Alain Picard I can't reproduce the same problem on
   Linux.  (Currently my Linux LW is 4.3.7 pro while on Windows I have
   4.4.0 pro but I don't believe that makes a difference.)

My current guess is that this is somehow related to comint on Windows
and the inferior-lisp buffer which is no-no land to me.  I can live
with the solution sketched in #1 but I'd still be happy to know what's
going wrong.

Cheers,
Edi.