[slime-devel] Support for ECL

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll lisp at arrakis.es
Mon Mar 21 10:33:33 UTC 2005

[Courtesy copy to ECL mailing list]

Hi,

my name is Juanjo Garcia-Ripoll and I am the current maintainer of a
common-lisp implementation called ECL (http://ecls.sf.net). This is a
portable environment based on a C backend that can use a C/C++ compiler
for compiling lisp code, and also contains a standalone bytecodes
compiler and interpreter.

In the last weeks there has been a lot of contributions to our project
(FFI, a port of BSD sockets, better MOP compliance, Gray streams, etc)
that have allowed me to produce a minimal port of Slime.

The port is available at
    http://ecls.sf.net/slime-patches.zip
in the form of a diff file plus an additional file swank-ecl.lisp for
the ECL backend. This port only works with the unstable version of ECL
available from CVS
    http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=30035

There are several things missing in this port, the most important being
support for ECL's debugger, but this requires us to rethink the current
interface that our library offers.

I would like to ask the developers of Slime to commit these patches and
also, if possible, to give me CVS access for future improvements.

Best regards,

Juanjo