[slime-devel] Jump to source code

hww hww at inbox.ru
Fri Mar 18 05:21:38 UTC 2005

Helmut Eller wrote:

>So I'd write your code like so:
>
>(defun foo ()
>  (+ 1 2)
>  (+ 3 "4"))
>
>(foo)
>
>Then type C-c C-c inside of foo and the compiler will say "Asserted
>type number conflicts with derived type ..." and M-n/M-p will bring
>you to the source form.

Well. Some more deatils.  There is two place with 'foo' first in defun
second
'(foo)'

If i will make first C-c C-c in defun place. It says not what you said.
It says

If i will make first C-c C-c in (foo) place. It says not what you said
also.  It says
'The functionFOO is undefined'

If i will make  C-c C-c C-c C-c in defun place. It says not what you
said too.  It says
'Compilation finished: 0 errors 1 warning 1 note [0.32 secs]'

But If I will make first C-c C-c in defun place then C-c C-c in (foo)
place. It says
right, more similar what you say.

'The value "3" is not of type NUMBER.
   [Condition of type TYPE-ERROR]'

WOW! I got it! ;)

As you said  'v' does not work. But it is OK. We have M-n/M-p ....
Wait a minute... ;)
It show sources for all frames but not for frame (FOO) !!!

No way to jump ... :/

Ok. Ok. I am stupid. I can't use it correctly. And you know what?

I agree Yes I can't :)

Sorry guys EMACS+SLIME+SBCL is too smart IDE for me.