[slime-devel] `slime-mode-hook' customization not working

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Mar 9 07:30:10 UTC 2005

Denis Bueno <dbueno at gmail.com> writes:

> Is there any way I can fix this? Am I missing something stunningly obvious?

SLIME is a minor mode and has its own keymap (slime-mode-map).  C-c
C-w C-w is bound in that keymap.  local-set-key binds a key in the
buffer's local map (lisp-mode-map).  When Emacs looks up a key, it
first looks in the minor mode map and doesn't see your binding.

You can either use a different key, say C-c w w, or bind it in the
slime-mode-map, with (define-key slime-mode-map ...).