[slime-devel] Re: slime-toggle-trace-fdefinition (C-c C-t) causes XEmacs to hang

Steven E. Harris seh at panix.com
Tue Mar 8 23:44:25 UTC 2005

Luke Gorrie <luke at synap.se> writes:

> Is it possible to SIGINT the lisp process in cygwin? With the unix
> build of CLISP that puts it into the debugger so you can see a
> backtrace of where it's stuck.

The stack trace isn't all to informative, but this warning from
*inferior-lisp* may be:

,----
| ;; Connection to Emacs lost.
| ;; [READ from #<INPUT STRING-INPUT-STREAM>: #<PACKAGE SWANK> has no external symbol with name "TOGGLE-TRACE-FDEFINITION"]
`----

Actually, I think I just found the problem. I had not reloaded the
updated slime.el into my long-running XEmacs instance. Upon reload,
tracing works as expected.

Sorry for the noise.

--
Steven E. Harris