[slime-devel] Re: ;; Interface

Luke Gorrie luke at synap.se
Tue Mar 8 21:57:17 UTC 2005

Luke Gorrie <luke at synap.se> writes:

> see also "Source Code Layout" in the HACKING file.

.. I didn't want to sound like a crackpot so I didn't mention that you
can also feed slime through this program:

  http://fresh.homeunix.net/~luke/misc/emacs/pbook.el
  http://fresh.homeunix.net/~luke/misc/emacs/pbook.pdf

but you probably need to do this first:

  (setq pbook-heading-regexp "^;;;\\(;+\\)")
  (setq pbook-commentary-regexp "^;;;\\($\\|[^;]\\)")

and I make no claim of usefulness about the result.

Just one of the many curious programming experiments during slime
hacking. My favourite is the "pair programming" variant that me and
Helmut did throughout the early days - taking it in turns every day or
two to rewrite some major subsystem (e.g. the network protocol) and
then see how the other guy rewrites it next. That was really the most
fun hacking I've ever done (Cheers Helmut :-)

Cheers,
Luke