[slime-devel] Re: ;; Interface

Luke Gorrie luke at synap.se
Tue Mar 8 09:19:51 UTC 2005

Peter Seibel <peter at gigamonkeys.com> writes:

> In slime.el what do the comments ";; Interface" before certain
> functions mean? That they are part of the user interface or part of
> the SLIME/SWANK interface? Or something else?

I think I put that in to copy-cat the CMUCL sources. The intention was
to indicate that the function is an entry-point and not just a helper,
i.e. that it's important and exported from the package.

These days defslimefun and defimplementation tend to take care of that
job though.

I like to put subroutines lexically beneath their caller so sometimes
I put in little reminders of which is the "top" function.