[slime-devel] Re: [Patch] Improvements for arglist and slime-complete-form

Luke Gorrie luke at synap.se
Sun Mar 6 19:37:15 UTC 2005

Matthias Koeppe <mkoeppe+slime at mail.math.uni-magdeburg.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am sending a new patch that improves arglist display and
> slime-complete-form.  This patch supersedes the one from my message of
> Feb 22, which has not made it into CVS yet.

I know it's late in the game to be asking this, but what's the
complete-form command really used for?

> The patch integrates the code for detecting extra keyword arguments
> for generic functions into the arglist display in the echo area, as
> suggested by Luke.

What I would really like is that if I type this:

  CL-USER> (defclass foo () ((x :initarg :x) (y :initarg :y)))
  #<STANDARD-CLASS FOO>
  CL-USER> (make-instance 'foo

then slime-space arglist display shows this:

  (make-instance 'foo &key x y)

basically for slime-space to generate output similarly to
slime-complete-form. And if we had such good arglist display as this I
wonder if slime-complete-form would still be neede?

-Luke (missing something!)