[slime-devel] Re: slime-edit-definition woes

Luke Gorrie luke at synap.se
Sat Mar 5 22:58:28 UTC 2005

Edi Weitz <edi at agharta.de> writes:

> Yo!  I think I have a simple test case now:

Very interesting indeed.

I have narrowed the test case down far enough to take slime out of the
picture:

  $ rm *.x86f
  $ lisp
  * (asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :foo)
  * (let ((*read-suppress* t))
      (with-open-file (s "foo1.lisp")
        (dotimes (i 4) (read s))))
  ...hits the error...

i.e. it looks like a bug where clsql's reader syntax doesn't work with
*READ-SUPPRESS* but just looking at the code I don't see why this is
so. Unfortunately I need to stop here to debug some other code :-)

NB: I want buffer-local syntax as much as the next guy but I think
this clsql #.(hack-read-syntax) ... #.(unhack-read-syntax) trick is a
bit fragile -- I don't think that tools like SLIME or the CMUCL
debugger can really do the right thing with it.

BTW, on my machine it also hangs Emacs but that's just due to swappage
as the lisp heap expands. I don't have much ram though.

Cheers,
Luke