[slime-devel] breakage on recent threaded SBCL (was: sbcl threads )

Gábor Melis mega at hotpop.com
Mon Jun 27 10:09:04 UTC 2005

On Monday 27 June 2005 11:53, Andreas Fuchs wrote:
> I'll chime in here. SLIME as of today (last ChangeLog entry
> 2005-06-21) refuses to start on a threaded SBCL 0.9.1.65 with swank
> communication-style set to :spawn.

Yes, it is the same thing. I didn't press this issue very much, because there
is already another sbcl thread patch in the queue that will break slime again
in a different way. Fortunately, it has what looks like a reasonably simple
and supportable api and slime will not need to mess with sbcl internals
anymore.

A pre version of said patch was sent to sbcl-devel along with a slime patch. I
mention it only if you want to use slime+sbcl desperately because neither
patch is in its final form.

Cheers, Gábor