[slime-devel] Re: feature suggjestion

Knut Olav Bøhmer bohmer at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 07:43:56 UTC 2005

On 6/23/05, Gerd Flaig <gefla at pond.sub.org> wrote:
<cut>
> now I'm confused. I typed the following in a buffer named foo.lisp:
>
>    (defun endless () (endless))
>
>    (endless)
>
> After the defun, I did C-c C-c and after the (endless) C-x C-e. CPU
> load goes to 100% as expected, but C-c C-x t only shows
>
>   1: Initial                   Run
>
> and no other threads. Superior lisp is Cmucl in my case. What
> implementation are you using?

Hmm. Now I also tried with cmucl, and it looks like it does things in
a very different way then with lispworks. First of all, it looks like
it's not able to fork of one thread for each
slime-eval-last-expression, so this feature is useless on this
implementation. btw. I already (setq slime-multiprocessing t)

Is cmucl not able to do this?

I didn't try with sbcl, because I was not able to start it..

<cut>
--
Knut Olav Bøhmer
tlf: +47 47400777