[slime-devel] Re: It's not just me! [was: CLISP on Windows?]

Peter Seibel peter at gigamonkeys.com
Sun Jun 26 21:57:46 UTC 2005

"Karsten Poeck" <Karsten.poeck at gmail.com> writes:

>> So it's not just me. The common variable may be Windows XP--does
>> anyone have SLIME running successfully on Windows XP? With CLISP?
> Windows-xp + slime cvs +clisp cvs is working on my pc with a minor patch to
> nregex.lisp
> (defun regex-compile (source &key (anchored nil))
>             (t
>                       ;;
>                       ;; This is a subgroup repeated so I must build
>                       ;; the loop using several values.
>                       ;; needed for broken clisp cvs head
>                       ))
>
> I also had to allow the socket server to the firewall.

Hmmm. I have the Windows Firewall completely turned off. Yet no
dice. If I manually call (swank:start-server "c:\slime.port") and then
M-x slime-connect it all works. So I don't think it's a firewall
problem. Is that fix to regex-compile needed to get started or just
for something else down the line? Also, do you know if it's necessary
with 2.33.2 or just CVS head?

-Peter

Peter Seibel           * peter at gigamonkeys.com